Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fun at Loon Lake

Last weekend of July we took advantage of the gorgeous summer weather and took the boat out to Loon Lake. Jason, Jaxon, Heidi, my dad and I all went out for the afternoon and enjoyed the sun! After the lake we decided to get Jaxon a special treat and stop for ice cream at the Clayton Drive In. Definitely a local classic. Jaxon had never been there before, so it was pretty fun. Jason actually worked there for a while during high school and it has been around since - well I don't really know when, I just know it's been around since as long as I can remember! Here are a few photos from our day.


Getting ready to go swimming! Jaxon looks THRILLED! LOL


Swimming. He thought it was a little cold until we started the fun game of splashing! He loved that, so then it became fun. He just kept saying "Splash Mamma, Splash Babe (which is what he calls Jason to be funny)"




Enjoying his lunch.






Captain Jaxon.





Getting ready for Ice Cream at the Clayton Drive. We split a half and half cone (I don't think that I have ever had any kind of ice cream there besides soft serve half and half). We were joking about the days when we would drive up as a family to get ice cream there when my sister and I were young. On the car ride home, Heidi used to wait until mine was starting to melt then she would say we needed to trade so that she could "fix mine". She would eat my cone and then we would trade again, this would go on back and forth for most of the ride home. I think that was her clever way of getting to eat most of both our cones - ahhhh older siblings!





Ice Cream!!





Family photo





Nice shot of our truck and boat with the Clayton Drive In sign in the background.















No comments:

Post a Comment