Saturday, September 19, 2009

One week ago!











On Friday, September 11th we went to our doctor's appointment and our ultra sound showed that my amniotic fluid was getting low, and so my doctor decided it would be best to induce me that night. We arrived at Sacred Heart at 5:00 PM to start the induction. It was a long night of waiting, but as you can see by the photos, we did have a very large room and a beautiful view to enjoy! Jason was a very good sport and stayed up with me for most of the night before catching a little sleep on his ultra comfortable couch/bed (LOL) Heidi and my dad visited and brought pizza around 10:00 since I wasn't going to be able to eat the next day, I thought I'd better eat while I could! On Saturday, they broke my water at 10:30 AM and the contractions picked up tremendously. I had my epidural about an hour later and everything seemed to be progressing just fine. At about 12:30 I was awoken by a few nurses looking at my monitors and moving me around to change positions. Jaxon's heart rate had begun to drop after the conclusion of each contraction. Whenever I switched to my right side, his heart rate went back to normal, but as soon as they switched me back to my left, his heart rate would drop again. Our nurse (who was sooooo wonderful!!) called the doctor and around 1:45 she came and did an exam and it was determined that it would be best for Jaxon to do a c-section and get him out so that he wouldn't be in distress any longer. So, once the decision was made, the process went pretty quickly. Jason had just enough time to put on his scrubs, then join me in the operating room to see Jaxon for the first time. The c-section went very well and all of the staff were so nice, they were comforting and professional ...I couldn't have asked for a better group of people to deliver our baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment